HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Something that sticks in my craw.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something that sticks in my craw.

I started bowhunting quite a few years ago.I started with a very used Bear double camthat our local archery dealer was nice enough to sell me for almost nothing.Up untill 2 years ago I bought a different bow every year, they were all used, they all killed deer, and each one was just a little newer then the one before.If I had the money Id probably be one of those guys youre refering to, I just enjoy shooting different bows, setting them up, trying different accesories, sights, rests, etc...The nicest bow I ever owned was a competition model Hoyt, it was a double cam but Ive never shot anything that was quite as smooth as that one and still kept an amazing speed.It was older then two of my kidsBy buying these cheap used bows every year it enabled e to do a lot of work on them myself and not worry about screwwing up a high dollar bow in the process, I learned quite a bit about how they work and what to do if they dont through trial and error.Ive finally broke down and bought a cheap Buckmasters single cam brand new a few years ago, I wont buy another one till this ones wore out more then lkely. One thing I have noticed, it doesnt kill a deer and deader then the old Bear I started with any years ago