HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - End of Wi hunting season
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Austin/WI

Default RE: End of Wi hunting season

Good research on that. I don't think there are many of us that do know what to think about their systems. I'd like to believe it all - that would be great for all hunters alike - but like you said, it's sure hard to believe it this year; when there are groups of a dozen or more hunters goin out for a week at a time and not seeingbut 5 deer amongst them; it really makes me wonder.

ORIGINAL: gunsnbowses

Hey, Schobs! I live in St. Point. You're right. There isa fair amount of public land around the area. The Mead is very popular. Thereare also some forestry units east of Mosinee that are open to hunting. They add up to several thousand acres.Obviously, there is a fair amount of hunting pressure, but it's a start if you're new to the area.

There have been some comments about the integrity of our DNR and their deer population analysis. I briefly scanned my latest copy of Wisconsin Outdoor News and the independant group hired to review our DNR's SAK system stated it may be the best deer population counting system in the whole U.S.Somehow I figured that would be their response! And up until this year, I wouldn't argue. After this terrible yearof huntingup nort' and the farm country of central WI, I don't know what to think![&:]