HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do you like/dislike the 30/30? And more.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you like/dislike the 30/30? And more.

Merlin: Main reason I dont hunt with the 30-30 is confidence... Bullet dropped to much for me... But cause of the miss. I hung it up... I just dont like being so close to the deer could be why I havent bought a bow yet.
Don't buy a bow.
If you won't even bother to learn how to shoot with the arc of a 30/30, then you'll never have near enough patience for a bow.
Arrows are at least twice as heavy, six times slower, and have abunch more drag than those .30-30's.

Don't let the short range of bowhunting fool you either. There can be several inches of drop between 10 and 30 yards with an arrow. Oh, and you'll have to be fairly sneaky to routinely get deer within bow range anyway.

...and please DO bother to learn some basic ballistics before taking any weapon hunting. Lots of things can go wrong out there in the field,so you should always go as prepared and practiced as you can to keep the odds on your side. You don't have to become an expert with every gun and cartridge on the planet, just the gun/bullet combination you will use for hunting.

-Bulz