HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why shoot 1 pin
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default Why shoot 1 pin

Now bear with me guys.

I know alot of you don't want the confusion of multiple pins and that is fine but holding high or low is more confusing to me.

There is an easier way

Pin gapping

Think about it like your using a 3-d target.I know a live animal isn't a target but for demonstration purposes it will be great.

Set 1 pin for the top of the 10 ring at 20 yards and set another pin for the bottom of the 10 ringat 30 yards.

This would allow you to put both pins on the kill from 5 yards all the way out to around 32 yards.

You always aim for the 10 ring with both pins. Close or long shots. Top pin on top and bottom pin on bottom.[:-]

You never have to hold high or low again,you never have to aim for the exit on close shots because you are hitting slightly high at 10 yards.This puts you arrow through both lungs.Some may need to adjust at 10 yards,depending on your setup,I don't.

The only time you adjust is on a shot at 35 yards which isgetting close to max for most 1 pin shooters anyway.If you have really quick rig,you may not have to hold high at 35 but it would have to be a really quick rig.

I have seen people with really fast setups do this method but sight in at 20 and 40.

I set pins like most 20,30,40,50 and that puts my pinslike I have described above.Most of the time when I KNOW yardage I can use the pin but when I have a quick shot at odd yardage,I'm gapping.[8D]