HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Confusion about ARs
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Sport 2

Default RE: Confusion about ARs

ORIGINAL: livbucks

If I remember correctly, sport, we discussed this before with you proposing to suspend the doe season for two years. I don't think you have any idea of the impact that would have as far as an instant massive, overpopulation. If that were to occur along with a severe winter, the die-off would be catastrophic. What about the vehicle encounters? landowner impacts and farm damage? Think of a new plan.
Yes, I did mension this before. and I am fully aware of the fact that harvesting virtually no doe would lead to a dramatic increase in deer population. However,if done only for 2 years I do not agree that it would be an instant overpopulation.
But I do agree that the 2 yrs of no doe harvest will not happen. As I mensioned above I think that thePGC should vastly cut the number of doe tag sales, and return to a 3 day season for doe.
From my hunting experiences I am seeing virtually no deer or deer sign in many areas that supported good populations just 5 years ago. I do agree that in some areas there are still healthy deer populations. but these areas are becoming fewer and farther between. As this happens more and more guys will find these local hot spots and before you know it these areas will be huring as well. My family owns a fair amount of property and we allow people to hunt on it. but as the deer population shrinks, so wil most landowners willingness to let you hunt on thier land.