HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you seen a Michigan Mountain Kitty?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
hldeerhunter

Default Have you seen a Michigan Mountain Kitty?

For the last several years there have been rumors and sightings of Mountain Kittys (aka mountain lion or cougar) in Michigan. I saw skeptical at first untill I saw one.

I was working the afternoon shift and came home late at night. About an hour after I got home (3:00am) I looked out my side window and saw something run across my neighbors yard. There was snow on the ground and he had a flood light on so it was easy to see into the yard. I first thought it was a deer, then the animal jumped out of the woods and landed in the yard. What I saw was something I didn't expect to see. The animal was a cat about the size of a small deer. It pounced like a cat when it jumped, and when it walked away I saw the long tube tail. There are no house cats that size that I have ever seen...plus we had a sighting about a mile from my house the next week. I think they are here. Tell me if any of you have ever seen a Mountain Kitty in your area.

Oh yeah, I live in Roscommon County.