HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking In Todays Paper
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default Looking In Todays Paper

High folks I was looking in todays paper and came across an article of treats that can make a bad holiday for your dogs and thoughtI would pass it along.

Dough, a dog that eats this can lead to a serious emergency. The dough may expand causing pain and the warmth from inside can cause the dough to ferment and produce ethanol which causes kidney failure.

Grapes/raisins, may cause kidney disease in some dogs. Signs of can be lethargy loss of appetite or vomiting.

Chocolate, if a dog eats chocolate it can be toxic. Signs would be increase heart rate, body temperature, muscle tremors, and seizures.

Macadamia nuts, injestion could leave dogs sick within 12 hours. Signs are weakness, increase in body temperature, wobbliness, vomiting, and pale mucous membrane.

Some of you folks may already know most of this stuff, but, for dummies like me it is good to know. When the holiday season is approaching it is always good to remind us all. Last year a friend of mine lost a dog to raisins after taking it to the vet and having it stay there four 3 days and nights. They had to put the dog to sleep. So I hope this helps others out over these treats andkeeps your dog from life threatning disaster.