HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews cont (38Ultra, 38Pro, Vulcan, Reflex Rampage)
Old 12-08-2006, 04:51 AM
PA Hardwoods

Default RE: More 2007 HOYT/REFLEX Reviews!!!

ORIGINAL: TFOX

You never mentioned how any of the bows held.

You did mention the Vulcan rocked side to side but that is expected out of a low brace bow.

The true testament to how well a bow will shoot is how well they balance and hold on target while aiming,or trying to aim.

Great job of reviewing but for some reason,no one ever talks about how well a bow holds.
Sorry TFox too much info to remember with those 4 bows. I did take note of those things.

38 Ultra and 38 Pro
They both held very well on target. Very well balanced with only a very slow dip backwards after the shot. No kick left or right after the shot. And I thought the grip on both these bows was just right, well for me anyway, not too thin and not too thick.

Vulcan
Well I personally feel the Vulcan was the worst of the group when it came to how it held. It really wanted to fall back after the shot and like before it wanted to kick left and right after the shot. The grip was fine but but for some reason the truss seemed closer than all the rest and made me want to twist my hand to the left to keep from resting it on the truss. Holding it steady on the target was not a problem, for being a lighter bow it had enough mass to enable you to hold steady while shooting.

Reflex Rampage
This bow was surprised me. It balanced very well. It actually just had a nice slow fall forward after the shot with it's fuse stabilizer on it and had enough mass weight to enable you to hold steady on target. The grip seemed just a little chunky to me. I can't remember if you can get thinner grips for the reflex line or not. But in all actuality I think most guys who buy this bow will not care. Like I said before this I believe will make a nice hunting bow next year for someone on a budget.