HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite "spot"to hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:09 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite "spot"to hunt

I have one ridge, that I have bowkilled 2 bucks off of. One officially grossed in the 180s 8x7 2003and the other officially grossed in the 160's 6x6 2005and I have a buck on film from this year that is pushing 170... anyway...seems like when I kill one in there another moves in and takes over the big thicket and feeding area. Obtw..that ridgeawarded me two rifles in the local big buck contests..fun getting those rifle hunters with a bow! ...

Its abig mountain but those bucks really like using that ridge...to and from a secluded food source to the bedding thicket, they can hole up in that thicket with plenty of browse too. The thicket is a 50 acre tangle of the nastiest most impenetratable mess of blow downs and brushesI have ever tried crawling through... the winds in there work perfectly to the deers advantage in regards to their morning and evening feeding routes. I have found two huge sheds in there, one off of my 03 buck and another thats a perfect 7x side typical ...I have never seen the 7x buck.

Looking for photos of those sheds.... will add them when I find them..