HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
agaucher
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Yeah, mule deer, whitetail deer, moose (with horn specifics) and elk are all on open tags in region 7B which is where BC/Alberta meet up there.

Stone sheep should be fun, but I have for some reason developed a habit of getting nasty scope bite with my .300 Mag. I THINK there is a way to more the scope away from my face (currently nly sits about 1" from my eye ball when focused) allowing me to not hit myself int he head every 10 shots.

I think that I am going totake my 7mm08 for sheep anyhow, my partners are all packng magnums so Im not concerned about bear firepower. Also, the 7mm08 limits me to about a 300 yard shot at max, which is more than I should really shoot at a ram anyhow.

Next year is dalls!

Ill post the different deer seasons and specifics one of these days, and we can try and match some seasons up Saska.
I know that the only deer season open for Rifle is late in the year, coinciding with rut and lotsa snow. I would be fine and happy with a late season inter-provincial deer hunt, but depends what you guys want.

Talk soon

-Andrew