HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
kshunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

I can see how a hunting burnout and loss of desire to hunt can happen. One thing that seems to help me, is to find a different aspect of the hunt... Something different. Like many of the ideas in previous posts mentioned, take a beginner hunting, or hunt new areas, or new species.

I love to Whitetail Deer hunt in my home, and hunt the same areas time and time again. But I need variety. I can't hunt the same spot day after day, as I can get bored as well. One thing I do every year is to hunt Public Land in a different part of my homestate. My chances of harvest aren't nearly as good as my private land, but I enjoy it more. It's different scenery and different type of hunting.

Plan a small hunting trip to a different state, use a different weapon, or go hunt something different, like Wild Hogs. Find a relaxing type of hunt where it's not a ton or work, but there's plenty to enjoy.

Another thing is to take advantages of the non-hunting items which are around the area you are hunting. The last few distance hunting trips I've made, I've scheduled an extra day or 2 to do some sight seeing, go to Museums, visit different tourists attractions along the way, etc. Just something to add to the hunting trip, which make it feel more like a vacation, instead of just hunting. If i'm going to use most of my vacation time for a hunting trip, then I want to have a little "vacation" at the same time.

Hope this can help.