HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Enigma camo/design - my observations
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Len in Maryland

Default Enigma camo/design - my observations

When I bought my ASAT several years ago I thought I it was the best; and it was at the time. After several years of HARD hunting it began to fall apart. I was ready to grab another set of ASAT but decided to give the Enigma a shot. I wasn't too eager since it wasn't available in leafy wear, but kept hearing good 'press' about it.

I bought both myself and my son Enigma outfits about 8 weeks ago. My first impression was the design. TheXLfield jacket seemed to beoverly large with the sleeves being very blousy. This proved to be an asset with an innovation in the sleeves. The large diameter of the sleeves allow you to put the jacket on easily over any layers and three velcro straps in each sleeve allow you to 'tighten' the sleeves around your arms. The straps also work to eliminate the need for an armguard with or without heavy layering. Two velco straps on each side around your waist adjusts for your waist size.

Cargo pockets on the jacket, similar to those on the pants, are great. The chest pockets were a delightful surprise. They have vertical zippers for access. At first I didn't care for them, but found them ideal for radios and rangefinders. The access to get those instruments out is much easier, yet they are secure. You just have to remember to close the zippers after use.

The pants are six pocket cargo style. Added features are zippers up to the knees that allow you to get them on even with boots. Velcro strapsaround the ankles keep them tight around your boots.

Now to the pattern. My 15 year oldson, whohas his own set of both patterns,made the best observation. He said thatthe Enigmawas much harder to see in the tree or on the ground than the ASAT. We often hunt visibly within 75 yards of each other and I have to agree with him.

Two other factors stand out. First, the fabric is VERY quiet. Second, there is NO indication of wear to date. I know it's only been 8 weeks, but I hunt 2-4 times a week and am very abusive to my clothing. Time will certainly tell, but I'm optimistic.