HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva wolf is it good starter gun
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 09:16 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cva wolf is it good starter gun

Ive got a Wolf, its actually a suprisingly accurate little gun for no more then I paid for it.I sighted mine in with the scope a couple weeks ago, it was shooting 3 shot groups you could cover up with one thumb at about 80 yrds, at close to 100 yrds with the last shot I made I managed to blow the deadbolt off the old junk door I was using as a backstop.Its about 1 1/2, maybe a 2 inch target.I fired it I believe 9 times without swabbing the barrel out and had no trouble reloading it or having it affect the accuracy of the gun.I was actually quite impressed, it shot better then my knight with a 75 grn charge of 777 and 250 grn shockwaves.More suprising still cuz Im really not that good of shot

Personally I wouldnt buy the one your buddy has.The only reason I even picked this one up was after season last year Walmart clearanced them, I gave a grand total of I believe 69$ for the gun, put another 40 in for the scope and mounts and have a nice shooting little ML for around 110$ total.If you can wait get one on clearance, if you cant theres better quality inlines you can pick up for 200$ IMO.Ive owned CVAs before and while they shoot ok you still get what you pay for in terms of quality.