HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread
Old 12-03-2006, 03:13 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

lol...i was just tryin to start me a fire to keep warm rob!! im the idiot youll see out there hopping on one leg one day hunting..a couple seasons ago i had a TERRIBLE case of MONO the week before thanksgiving. i was laid up all that week and all thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving day was my first day outa the house and i still couldnt stay awake. told my dad to goto camp without me..we walk too much up there and i didnt wanna hold him back...sat i managed to get the gun shot for double checking purposes(i shoot it all year at groundhogs) and monday morning i made it to my spot..the group came through about 11 and i was a sitter on the drives the rest of the day. i was better...but still shouldnt been in the woods..but thats me...and i can be THAT hardheaded when it comes to me hunting. the DR told me gun recoil couldnt rupture my spleen...i still think hes full of it and dont know the recoil the mauser will lay into your body. but hey....im alive!!

the stitches hurt when i woke up yesterday morning...but there wasnt a question as to wether or not i was hunting. ill be hunting wed(hopefully) and friday and sat with em in too...10 days with these nasty suckers...its healing up rather quickly i think..im doin alright....the DR suggested i take off work this sunday(today)..thats why im up at 5am...i been tryin to call off since 1130 last night..someone finally picked up the phone!!! i took my DR excuse out there last night but still had to call...i dont know why lol but whatever...the DR said lifting heavy stuff and doing my job may rip them out....and i got a good bit of work to get done when i wake up so i can hunt wed. my farmer friend got a friend right near campus that he said me and my buddy might beable to hunt wed morning. the first day that guy seen 4 legal bucks. passed 3 and shot the 4th....so we will see..if i get my paper written before then im good to go...

if nothing else the stitches will make good conversation with the guys from the park service at my interviews on monday...better come up with a better story then i cut it with a hatchet though...dont want them thinkin im an idiot and cant work a hatchet

nite nite boys!!