HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread
Old 12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

well....yesterday we had a good buck in MY area..2 guys got 2 shots off at it..but no good. that was about it for yesterday...nassssssty windy..

came home..was chopping kindling wood with a hatchet at about 5pm. hit my own hand..sat around till 830 or so and decided i needed stiches..it wasnt BAD..but wide open atleast 1/4 inch and about 2 inches long across the top of my hand..only an inch needed stiches..any deeper i would cut vains and tendons...but i was at the ER all night till 1130..got 5 stiches...didnt get to bed by 11 how i wanted so i didnt get up to sit in my stand this AM..

but we hunted at 11 till dark driving...my buddys cousin killed a half rack near my area..it had 4pts on one side..busted the other off at the pedical...not the buck i shot or any of the others we been seeing..someone jumped it across the road and that kid just got lucky..didnt even come from our drives. i seen 11 does today. both areas i seen them in were area that the land owners let us hunt but asked us not to shoot does. too many guys kill way to many around here and i can understand that and respect their wishes...

our "group" has shrunk big time. we used to have a really good group of guys..but they all disappeared. GFs, work, moved away etc...havent been having a good season really as a group. most years im about the only guy buck hunting by now...alot of the regular buck killers are still hunting..

all motivation to become a better bowhunter. get my buck before anyone else...i can drive for the group in rifle season. rifle season is just too crazy..there were 5 vehicles parked in my area today..all had groups of people...luckily most of them stayed across the road...i dont know if my bigguns still alive or not. im patiently waiting for the late season and the snow...i am kinda excited and still might have a shot at him if he aint dead and we dont get him by next saturday. so we will see...xmas break before the late season im going to do some heavy scouting on my days off if we get some snow...i wanna find me a biggun and put a muzzy through his heart. rifle hunting just doesnt do anything for me anymore. even if i shot a big buck i wouldnt be too excited. id get more excited of a doe i shot with the bow i bet.