HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finger shooter looking into a Vectrix XL.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finger shooter looking into a Vectrix XL.

I like that 'add 12" to your draw length' rule for fingers shooters. Don't remember ever hearing that one before.

I once saw a guy on the cover of a 3D magazine shooting a short bow and using a ONE finger release. [:-]He dropped the index and ring fingers off the string andonly left the middle finger hooked under the nock. I've used the two finger release and it works well, but Ijust don't have the stones to try that one finger business.[&:]

If your draw length is short enough to be able to avoid string pinch with a 2-finger release, you'll be okay. It'd be your call though, based on how comfortable it is for you. However, I do suggest going with a 65% letoff if possible. It's just too easy to torque the string when you'vegot less than 20lbs tension on it.

Of course, it'd be hard to torque the string when using a one finger release, too. It probably works fine, just gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.