HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 05:53 PM
muley69

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

I have thought a great deal on this, and I believe it is other people. My wife and I discussed at lenth on Sunday, when I didn't even go out on the last day of season. I shot a buck and doe WT so I have meat, and Montana Bob gave me a ton of elk meat. My disconnect with hunting I don't believe is with hunting itself, it's with the inability to get away from other hunters, and see spots you once had for yourself, get over run with others. Opening day around here is madness, 4 wheelers and 4x4 speeding up and down the road. Nothing is more frustrating then getting up at 3 am, driving an hour, unloading the 4 wheeler, riding in the dark and cold another 10 miles, then hiking up a ridge 4 miles in the dark only to see other hunters humping up the mountain with flashlights, 4 wheelers etc. I will no longer hunt the bitterroot, I am done here. I am currently planning a series on hunt combos in different areas. I will go up to Plains, MTon a bear/elk september combo hunt for a week, out to Wolf Point, MT on a fishing/bird/antelope hunt for another week next October. Rifle season will find me down in Ennis, MT, and hopefully, I will get up to Alaska to do some hunting with Montana Bob. I also am going to get into duck/goose next year. I am going to plan ahead and vary the locations and species. If that doesn't get my motor running, then I'm done hunting for however long it takes to get the fire back.