HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - (20) Official Team "XX" Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Yesterdays hunt report.

COLD COLD COLD... bout 16 when I headed in, dropped off to about 9 at dark.

I had a spike and doe come in with a good 30 minutes of shooting light left. They fed around in the buck brush and wild rose bushes. Nothing else showed up. I wasn't surprised seeing two 6 month olds alone. Their mommas are most likey being covered by bucks. Our rut/breeding phase is heavy right now and will tail off for the most part by the end of the first week of Dec. I have a roughly a foot of snow now in my huntingspotsand its snowing more today.

I am determined to find my old buck once he settles back in. My season takes a break from Dec 2-9... thats my prime scouting time..I will be moving some stands based on my scouting. Like I said the snow really gives these big bucks away. Of course killing them near their bed during daylight hours is a bit tougher, they don't reach 4 and older for no reason.

Good luck to the rest of my Teammates. I have till Dec 23rd to get one down. I am prepared to take it to the last days...I have been thinking about it a lot. I believe I will get a shot at one of the big boys if I continue to do my homework.