HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cut off at the pass
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Flairball

Default Cut off at the pass

I got completely cut off by another hunter tonight. While sitting in my blind along a funnel between two fields another hunter approaches walking down the deer trail from the top field. We exchange greeting, and small talk for a few, and I explain I was sitting there expecting to intercept deer as they make their way up to the top field. This guy tells meI'm in a good spot,he's seen a doe and a skipper come up that trail before, ussually right around 4:30. Having a doe tag, I'm glad to here this. The guy tells me he'll be hunting around the bottom fields, and heads down. At this point it's about 3:55 or so. I'd been sitting since 2:00. About 5 minutes later I glass the lower field, and there is indeed a doe in the field. I still have 45 minutes of shooting time, which I figure is enough time for her to make her way up the trail to where I was waiting. Then, 5 minutes later, BOOM. I look down towards the field, and there is the guy I'd been talking to walking out to get the deer he shot.

Now, I know it's open land, but to sit 200 yards down a trail, cutting off a hunter you know is there is poor sportsmanship. Heknew I was trying to intercept deer coming upthat trail, but he didn't care and cut me off. I guess he'll be learning a little bit aboutKarma soon when all his trail cameras dissapear.