HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outfitters, guides, etc.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 AM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outfitters, guides, etc.

I have no problem with someone using a guide or outfitter.From a practical point of view there are some species that require the use of a guide.Say your from the east coast and you want to hunt Grizzily's or sitka black tail deer or Kodiak Brown bear,Dall Ram,Moose etc..How practical is it that you can do these hunts as do it yourself hunts?

Or you want to go on a deer hunt and it is either a once in a life time hunt or so far away you can't possibly scout the area you want to hunt.There are countless other examples of why using an outfitter or guide makes sense,and I see no reason to look down our noses at someone who chooses to go that route.

I hunt unguided out of state every year,but I go to the same place and have been doing so for 8 years.This has allowed me to get to know an area which in turn means I can hunt it more productively.

I am nota fan of enclosures or no kill no pay,or preserve's where you pick your animal from a menu,that stuff sickens me! But a fair chase outfitter/guide I have no problem with.