HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - little ones make big ones
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Buck Master
Spike

Default RE: little ones make big ones

All of you guys are saying that that wont work in my hunting area, or mine isnt big enough to have QDM. Then im sorry if you missunderstood my question. I guess the best way to put it is to ask you to step in my shoes. I live in ia, where there IS enough food and IS enough cover to hold bucks within a 2-3 mile radius. I have patterned deer to prove this theory in eastern/ and NEIA.

I understand if you cant do that in your area, I have never hunted anywhere but iowa so i guess i dont have room to critisize anyone else, sorry if you took it that way. But here, you can hunt a 80acre area, and do some QDM, It might not always pan out, but its worth a shot to help the herd, becasue deer to not need to roam that far to find food, water, bedding and to breed. Yet still i get questions of how i can shoot 130 class or bigger deer on a regular basis (which yes, i have a few) My answer is to let them grow. simple, and you might only shoot a buck once evey 2 or 3 years. But they are good mature deer, usually at there peak growing potential, so they are going to stop getting bigger anyways.dont get me wrong, i will shoot does, i did just 2 weeks ago.