HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - monstrous buck
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
atlasman

Default RE: monstrous buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Give the guy a break, it was his first buck,
First or 100th.........that's not the issue. Not having the first clue about what to do after the shot is the issue. Excitement didn't cause this mess......ignorance did. There is no reason why anyone should be in the woods without the BASIC knowledge of what to do after a shot.

dont tell me you werent itching to find your FIRST buck after thinking you made a good shot.
I was.......I was so fired up I could barely sit still. Then I calmed myself down, looked at my watch, went over the whole thing one more time and then called my brother and we went and had lunch because I knew I needed something to pass the time...........that was the longest hour and a half I can ever remember........but I KNEW it was the right thing to do so I did it. If I had not known what to do I may have never recovered him.

Childers, I feel your pain
I feel the deer's pain........this guy will get over it soon enough........the deer is the one suffering a slow painful meaningless death. How about a little perspective huh??

sometimes things just dont go as planned.
Don't go as planned?..........this was not a deflected shot or poor penetration or rain or any other unavoidable variable.........this was 100% pure ignorance. He knew the shot was bad and STILL chased the deer.......then kept on chasing it even after he jumped it. The sadest part of all is that he uses the terms "we" indicating he was not alone. Trying to contemplate that their was more then one person there during this nightmare and neither one knew what to do is too nauseating to even think about.

One good thing is that the entire post may be a hoax...........just a feeling I get by reading it.........I hope I am right about that.