HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - monstrous buck
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
childers
Nontypical Buck

Default monstrous buck

ok so today i was siiting ina bunker i had made out of branches and stuff, and after about 1 and 1/2 hours a monster buck finally walks up. and when i decide he is close as he is gunna get, i shoot. i hit him right behind the vitals probably about 3 inches off. it was a 60 foot shot. we were so happy that i had finally shot my first buck and also its on bow, so we only waited about 30 minutes and we were following the blood trail. every 5 or 10 minutes to give him a little more time. and about 55 minutes after my shot we see him bedded down and then he see's us and he jumps up and runs off. we follow the trail and every once and a while we find a drop or too about every 20 feet. also when we were first trailing him i found a big pile of seimen. we seriously were out there all day. i shot him at 8:20 and we stopped trying around 4:00. the overall blood trail off what we could find was about 50 yards long.

we never found the deer again. i just want to know how long he will live and if he lives that would be the best.