HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - time to pick a broadhead
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Alpha Capo
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: time to pick a broadhead

Any Muzzy 3 blade fixed(replacable blade)will do... just match the grain to your field tips....
you can buy them in 6packs...use 2 to sight in and the other 4 to hunt with...also comes with one set of practice blades so you will have 3 to shoot while sighting in....as long asyou can shoot groups with them (if you cant somethings not right with your arrow....Spine, insert, or Fletching???) just sight in at 20-25 and leave it be....i picked up the 6 pack for 27$$ at my local gun store...but seen them at Farm and Fleet for 35$ so i think i got a deal...killed a doe and a 8point this year with them...pass throu on the doe, she went 20 one way and came back another 20 yards and died under my stand....the buck got hit throu the heart but it wasnt a pass throu...the blood started coming out of him instantly...he went 80 yard and laid down in the middle of a beanfield...

i shot mechanicals last year to try them...but have since decided they are useless IMO. save yourhard earnedmoney get the Muzzy and you will have a failproof arrow to kill deer with no worries....
they arefairly sharp out of the package(sharp enuff to kill anything on earth)...but i always doctor mine up for good measure...