HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The odds were 10 to 1...
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Campo

Default The odds were 10 to 1...

My roomate and I were driving back from viewing an apartment. On the way home, we got into the discussion about robin hooding an arrow. He said he saw on Myth Busters that they couldnt, with all traditional equipment and a hooter shooter, robin hood an arrow. He also said that he didnt think it was possible to anyone to robin hood an arrow regardless of whether they were using a compund or a traditional.
We got to my house, right as I blurted out, "Ill bet you I could robin hood an arrow within 20 shots from 10 feet."
My friend quickly responds, "Ill give you ten to one odds saying you cant robin hood one from ten feet."
I quickly pulled out ten dollars and placed it on the hood of my car. He took out a hundred, and placed it right next to it. As I grabbed my equipment he measured off the distance and setup the bag.
I came out, and we set the rules.
I would have six shots to place my target arrow. Basically, I shot six one arrow flights, then choose the one I wanted to be the target arrow. Figures, it was a new arrow that won the nomination.
After that, I would take one shot at a time, with no rest, until I shot 20 times and missed or I robin hooded it at least to the end of my arrow wrap, which was about 8 inches.
So, the lines were set, and I started shooting. For ten shots I didnt even come close, not even with any shafts touching.
It was at 15 when I got really worried. My friend, thinking he has his money in the bank, starts talking his bs trying to physch me out.
The 15th shot made a sound I never heard before, and I let out a whoop.
I figured that it didnt even come close to getting enough penetration, but low and behold, after alot of examination, I had excedded the wrap by a half an inch.
My friend looked at me in disbelief and said, "I have to shake you hand man, I didnt think it was possible." He then handed me my 110$ dollars. I went to hand it back, and he said, "No no, it was a fair and square bet, I would have taken your ten, so you take my hundred."
Anyway, I am not going to call it a robin hood, not legitimatly at least. Ten feet is way to close, and it wasnt back to back shots.
Still, just thought I would share.
I should also mention that this kid and I play alot of poker together, and he and I also have quite a few proposition bets between us going...this levels the score
Pics will be posted soon.