HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One tough Doe
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 03:32 PM
whitetailsoldier
Fork Horn

Default One tough Doe

My step-father was hunting some of our property next to a conservation meadow. He shot a large 250+lbs doe from the ground. The doe instantly fell within 20-30 yards away. After a while the deer stood up again only to move a hundred or so yards down the field. She was heading towards conservation Roughly 20mins after the second drop the deer leaped up only to sprint across the field and over the road. Seeing the energy of the deer my step father waited roughly 21/2 hours before calling conservation. This move was timely, for conservation did not show up for about an hour and a half. After tracking the bloodtrail about 100 yards on conservations land we saw the deer. Being accompanied by the conservation officer we slowly approached the Doe. My suspicion was raised because of the placement of the deers legs they were tucked underneath her chest.
As we were approaching the doe raised her head straight up in the air and turned and looked at us. Our freindly officer took out his sidearm after consulting with us, and put one in the back of her head. After 10-20mins we approached her with an arrogance I surely wont have again. I grabbed her back left leg to confidently drag her to our side of the road. Surely countless hours 1 good lung shot and a 9mm would bring her down right?WRONG. She gave me a powerfull kick that caught me so off gaurd i fell ontop of her. WOW The conclusion to this unforgettable story was Two bullets did the trick.
Live and Learn
Im currently trying to upload pics but it says files to large, how do i fix that??