HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MN. hunting question
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Manfred

Default MN. hunting question

I have a question regarding deer hunting in Minnesota. Are there no deer there? I have been hunting in Northern WI over the past 15 years and it seems every year there are more and more MN hunters in the area. Now I don't have a problem with people from out of state coming to hunt - your dollars are more than welcome. What I find irritating is they have no hunting manners. Here are just a couple of things that happend this past weekend opener. Sneaking up behind a person on their stand and then shouting some guys name, walking straight through an area toward a hunter on stand overlooking that area and walking right past 15 yards away, dragging then gutting a deer (gut shot) on someones stand just because it's closer to a trail. We hunt public land andthey have committed no crime but if I'm walking through the woods and happen to spot another hunter hunting an area (blaze orange is very easy to spot) I try andavoid that area or reverse direction quietlyout of politeness. If I shoot a deer I try and make sure the gut pile is in a discreet location. And we never shout! How do I know they were from MN. They were staying in the cabin down the road from us. Like I said, I have nothing from people coming from out of state - we have two in our cabin that grew up here and come back to hunt- and we have our share of slob hunter too - it's just I've seen this behavior more from out of state people coming from the west in the past few years. I think as hunters in general we should all learn how our actions are precieved by fellow hunters and the public in general. I don't know about you all but I'm tired of hunters being considered some neanderthalby tree huggers.