HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread
Old 11-22-2006, 08:11 AM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

[]Bad News Guys[]

Well we got out early yesterday and it was starting of with a bang,1st light I had a 115 5x5 at 18 yards but chose to let him walk as the rut is just strating to kick into high gear up here in Alberta.
5 Minutes later a spike came in too, but he's still enjoying life. 9:30 5 does came bolting of off the field and I was on my feet right away with bow in hand waiting for the buck pushing them.[:@]None was to follow. Well it quietened down till the wind picked up and I got a chill I couldn't shake. I climbed down and thought I would sit on a game trail and wait the wind out..
This is where it all came to and end,I tripped in a crevice under the snow and I went down and when I could see,I was looking at my foot beside my face and I felt all tendons and what ever else holdsour knees and ankle together popping andgrinding. I knew I was in trouble and thought the worse[&o]. Istrated crawling in the snow as I had a few barbed wire fences to get over and 3 sections of land to cross to get back to my truck.
I crawled about a 100 yards and thought if the ankle is broke maybe I'll be able to stand the pain in shock as I felt my boot fill up with the swelling of my foot and also my knee in my pants.[:@]Man did that hurt trying to get my leg out from under my face as my body was forced onto my leg cause of the crevice angle I was laying in. Again I could hear the tendons and all else that was wrong making noises.[X(]I got to my feet with great pain and started the 20 minute walk out on good feet wich took me 2 hours to do. I made the 2 fences with great diffuculty. Man me and my freind had just thought of buying a couple of those cobra walkie talkie's the day before.
Sometimes we should do as the mind says.Well my buddy from Michagan is back in the saddle this am as I drove him to his stand at 6:30 and will pick him up tonight after I get to the hospital to see what the damage is to me. If you have it in ya's maybe say a little prayer for me praying for no breaks. Thanks a ton and God Bless. So sorry team[X(].I will keep in touch with you's every day on giving you all hopefully motivation and best wishes.Good luck & shoot straight.
Rocky