HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!

Heck man...They have to breed them, feed them all those minerals, plant food plots, rub down their coats every night, put a radio transmitter on them, erect the fence, take them to the vet when they get an ingrown toenail...You aren't just killing a deer, its a 5-8 year investment they have in them, then you come in and kill their "pets'...I mean deer....

That kind of hunting isn't for me...I have more respect seeing a hunter that can consistantly bring home the meat (buck or doe) with a bow or a muzzleloader (flintlock of course) than one that goes on some of these canned hunts...If that's your thing, have fun, its not my style of hunting...Some where along the line some of us have forgotten why man started hunting to begin with...These guys are all about making a buck...

While I'm at it...And I mean no disrespect to anyone, I love hunting with a passion, even if I don't see a deer, I enjoy my free time in the woods more than ever in my life, and I'm 51, have hunted since I was 7-8...But...If your life hinges on whether or not you "score" on a big buck, you need to get a life...There should be more important things going on in your life than just hunting....