HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
drs1961
Fork Horn

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

Iknow where you're coming from. I've not quite lost the desire to hunt, but the urge to kill is gone. I've read severalarticles on the subject and they all agree that it is a phase of maturing as a hunter. Many great hunters have reached that point and written about it in their chronicles. I now go to try and take photos of all the things that most other people never get to see and my satisfaction now comes from seeing how close I can get to and turn down trophy game and just being in the outdoors among wild game. It amazes the rest of my hunting friends that have not reached this point in their lives. I also now enjoy taking new hunters out and being their guide. Last week I got my 48 year old sister-in-law her first deer after just last year deciding she wanted to give hunting a try. After seeing the pictures of her sister, (my wife), beaming with her trophy deer, she realized that their was more to living than the hectic city life that she had lived all her life.The rush I receive after they get their first trophy is as good as any that I used to get after taking one myself. We eat lots of venison so I take does for the freezer also. I will continue hunting for our food as strange as that may sound in this day and age. There is no other place that I am more at peace and would rather be than in the wild and thatkeeps the year round anticipation of hunting season alive in me and keeps me sane.Hope you get something from this.