HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 PM
muley69

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

ORIGINAL: madmax83192

i live in the rockies as well you think you go around every corner and see a hunter come to colorado there are so many hunters. i hunt unit 11 the area were the biggest elk heard in the country comes through. It is packed yet i have still killed 2 elk in my last three years i have gone there. you just have to be smarter than the other hunters get up there early set up camp plan everything out.
Your missing the point. It's not about success or not, it's about the expierence, and it just isn't there. I'm not asking anybody to join me, in fact, I hope you don't. It's just when you've been hunting your whole life and it is a way of life, then suddenly you wake up one day and say "hey, this just isn't that much fun to me anymore", it is an astonishing revelation. There is no depression, no mid life crisis, wife is not cheating, kids are great, all things are pretty good. I've just started getting a bored with hunting, and tired of killing stuff. It's not easy to say that on a site like this. Frankly, I think too many people take hunting way to seriously to begin with, hence the commercialization of hunting today. I still plan on shooting a WT doe for the freezer, but strictly as meat. I just think perhaps the time has come for me personally, to pursue some other hobbies and hang up the hunting gear. I just wanted to see if others had gone through this, and what their reaction was. I have read every post and listened to what others were saying. Lot of good information in here, right now, I just am not sure why I have lost the desire.