HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Double Creek

Default The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

I finally got my first kill with my recurve and it was a good one!!
I headed out this morning at 4:30 to my bow only lease .. The morning hunt was slow with only a few deer sightings.... This afternoon I decided to move in on a family group of does that I saw last time I hunted the place... I hung my lock on and got settled in by 1:30. I was grumpy all afternoon b/c the wind was iffy and not the best for my setup... Around 4:00pm I heard something running behind me. I turned around just in time to see a doe barreling straight for me.... She goes straight under my tree and stops at 20yds.... I try to find a clear shot, but it is not there.... I suddenly hear foot steps coming behind her and look to see antlers heading my way!! I knew he was a shooter immediately and starting getting in position... He came straight under my platform and at fast trott with his head to ground and grunting.... I bleeted with my mouth and he stopped at 8yds...... He was quartering sharply away... I picked a spot behind the last rib and drew and released... The arrow buried up to fletch and angled towards the brisket..... He then went on the death run and made it 200 yds before giving it up!! To say I was excited is an understatment!!!
Just pure dumb luck, but I'll take it!!
Here are a few pics I snapped when I got home. I plan to take some better one's tomorrow morning.

" />

" />

" />