HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally got to go hunting. I shoot -- I score!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 PM
MichaelT.

Default Finally got to go hunting. I shoot -- I score!

This past Monday, I gotmy neurosurgeon toagree to mygoing hunting finally. I have not been out at all so far this season, due to my surgery and recovery. He made me promise to keep my neck brace on, and hey , if it will get me in the stand I'll agree to anything. So I finally got in my stand today, after babysitting my sick son the last three days, and I was stoked about it to say the least.I had one doe come through early , about 6:30 a.m. Had a small yearling pass through around 7:15, then a large doe stepped out at about 9:30 a.m. She was feeding around for a while and then offered me a perfect broadside shot. I couldn't turn it down. I made the shot and she dropped after a 20 yard death run. It may only be a doe, but I could not be happier. I'm just glad I was able to get to the woods this season. I went back out this afternoon. I saw five does and yearlings, but passed on them. I took my doe first, Now I am going after the Big Guy.

Thank you Lord.

Good hunting and God Bless.