HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
MinnFinn
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

I think there are times that all of us go through changes that can leave us feeling empty and down whether in our work, hunting, hobbies and part of life.

It helps me to step back sometimes and ask myself and my maker what is important and ask for help to keep things in the right perspective.

Give thanks for all the good times you have had in the fields and else where. Look at the wonder of the creation around and not just the next animal to shoot and be amazed. If you can show a young person what there is to learn about hunting and the outdoors who may not have a dad or someone to teach them those things, it could open a new side of things to you.

Some guys are too busy or don't have the interest to show their own kids the wonders and the how-tos of hunting and how to be in the outdoors safely and have fun. With the knowledge you have, you might be the one who unlocks that hidden world to such a young person that they can enjoy for a lifetime.

Whatever you do, know you'll get through the down times just like you have the good times. I think you'll find your way through this time, too.