HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nature reclaimed my doe
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Angus74

Default RE: Nature reclaimed my doe

I shot a doe a few years ago, put a great double lung on her and saw her drop about 100 yards or less, behind my stand. I decided to wait a little bit to see if a buck was trailing her, so I waited 45 minutes, then climbed down, and started over to where I saw her fall. When I came up over a rise and looked down in the dip she fell into, I spooked three yotes out of the dip off of her, in under an hour they had found her and ate both hind quarters, pulled out her guts, and started eating on one shoulder. I was standing there not believing what I was seeing, and took out the video camera to video the damage they had done in such a short time, and they actually came back and tried to run me off the carcass, the largest of the three came in to about 10 yards and even curled her lips back a little and went on by and circle out to about 50 yards and stood watching me, while the other two circled me and the carcass at about 80 yards or so, they circled twice and left, never running or acting scared, I got them on video circling and watching me. I hurried home and got the 22-250 and came back and sat a while, but they never came back in the daylight, next day it was completely eaten. Nasty critters, I kill every one I get the chance to, bobcats are getting bad around here too.