HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nature reclaimed my doe
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 PM
442deer

Default Nature reclaimed my doe

Yesterday evening I shot a big doe. I watched my lumenock sail right to the sweet spot, and then bounce through the field with the deer. I watched as the red glow dropped and stopped moving in the distance. I felt confident that the deal was done. I quietly came down the tree, went the long way out to my truck to avoid jumping the deer, and went home for dinner. I always leave my deer cart at home,that way I don't get too excited and begin tracking the animal too soon.
After dinner, I collected my tracking bag(big lights, toilet paper,knife and gloves) and my deer cart, and my buddy (HAZCON7) and headed out.
I was a littlesurprised to see that there was not a deer laying there with my arrow, but we were prepared for that.
We tracked the animalwith very little blood untilwe ran out of blood and battery in our lights (several hours later).
No problem, I'll pick up the trail in the morning. We have had good luck with this before.
I get there early this morning, spend a little time with my binoculars, and find my deer. No problem.... except the coyotes had been enjoying an enormous, all you can eat buffet!!!
How many coyotes would it take to do this in six hours??