HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Will the deer live?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
icedern

Default Will the deer live?

This weekend I was out hunting and had a shot at the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting. He came trotting in and I got ready for the shot. He was about 35 yards away and perfectly broadside. Would have been a cakewalk shot, but his vitals were right behind a tree. So I waited. He then started to trot again and I "Meerrrpped" at him and he was about the same distance quartering away. I shot and he jumped the shot so much he dropped and turned away from me so much that my arrow hit him right on the top of the back parallel with his spine. He took off running and I could see my arrow on top of his back...didn't even look like it penetrated that far at all.

I sat there few more hours then decided to see if I could see any blood. Didn't see any where I hit him at. I started hoping that maybe my broadhead would have got his spinal cord. I walked into the next gully and took a look and didn't see him anywhere. Without any blood or any trail I left. I hope the trophy got the arrow out and will be just fine. I know they have a lot of fat up on their back this time of year.

Think he will be ok?