HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
whitetaildeer87

Default RE: Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

ORIGINAL: whitetaildeer87

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

ORIGINAL: whitetaildeer87

awesome! girl power! lol. I'm a women bowhunter also. I havn't that much luck. Do you know what weight she draws back? What kind of bow is she using? I'm shooting with a Hoyt ViperTec and pulling only 40 lbs. I need an upgrade.
Hey there whitetaildeer87!!! Awesome to have another women bowhunter!!!!!!!!!! I use a Hoyt Trykon, 40-50lb bow. I used to have it maxed out, but, I had surgery a 3 weeks ago so we lowered it a bit to about 4o or so. It smoked him. Complete pass through. It is all about shot placement when you are shooting with lower poundage bows.
AWESOME! I'm just happy to hear this from another women bowhunter. I need to upgrade my bow. I use the old ViperTec Hoyt. It's an awesome bow, it just won't go over 40 lbs. I can get it to maybe 43 lbs. Did you use a lot scent coverup? I think thats a big problem with me...the deer smell me and RUN! Again, congrats
If I were you I would try a 40 to 50lb bow and just work your way up to 50. As far as scent coverup, I am very careful. I learned this from my husband. I make sure that when I shower I use a scent eliminator product, then no lotion other than unscented stuff, I even use a combo shampoo and conditioner for my hair that is unscented. I use an unscented deodorant. My hunting clothes as well as my husbands are washed in with descenting products. Then we hang them to dry and keep them in our hunting room in the basement to keep out any smells. Before we go out we also use sprays around our clothes and body. Keeping the wind direction in mind is also VERY important. I am learning about all this from my husband. I have a long ways to go, but, he is an awesome teacher.!! I only do these things on hunting days, otherwise I am like every other girl and use LOTS of smell good lotions and perfumes
Thanks for the advise!

I sure wish I had a husband/boyfriend that would help me out. My fiance doesn't like deer hunting and Im the one helping him at times. Oh well, he fly fishes better than me and he has to help me with that, lol.