HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why aren't there more Black hunters?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why aren't there more Black hunters?

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

I have some AA friends that loves to hunt and fish, they will hunt and fish every opportunity they get. They prefer to hunt in private land or paid hunts instead of public because of run-ins with racist people. I've ask them to go hunting with melots of times but I was going to hunt on public lands and they told me that it's not safe for minorities and I ask them why not. They just respond that they prefer to go hunting and not be hunted. We do fish in every rivers and lakes we can find in the state but just not hunting in public lands. I havehad lots of good times hunting with them in paid hunts and hunting in private land and I'm looking forward to the "07" season.
That's pretty s--tty that we get stereo typed as racist so folks won't go into the woods. If I said I won't goto downtown Baltimore because I'd get robbed I hear tons of crap. I've never heard of any minority getting shotwhile outhunting so I think your friends who won't hunt on Public land are full of crap-racist-A-holes.

By automatically thinking the hunters on public groundare racists and will make them the "hunted ones" is a loadof crap. People who make comments like that are as racist as they come. My pickup truck camo and rifle didnt come with a membership for the Clan.

Really pisses me off its ok for some to think of us that way but the people onthis siteare as respectful as they come to folks and are the same people hunting those public grounds his friends are scared of.