HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing my desire to hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 AM
elknut1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Losing my desire to hunt

Muley. I've noticed many of your posts in the last year now & this thought or feeling you have isn't new, it's been sort of eating at you for sometime now. But you're fighting it, plain & simple. Or else you would've been more positive in your thoughts to us here & more confident in your decision. I also feel that hunting isn't the only thing that you feel confused about, it's just the subject we here can relate too.

Certainly nothing wrong with hanging up the killing part. But your knowledge & presence here would be very useful to others. There's ways to be involved in the aspects of hunting without hunting yourself, being here is one example.

There is no black & white answer to your feelings, I too think you have a form of depression. But hey don't fight it & worry about what others think, except the fact you don't have strong desires to hunt & this will be a stepping stone that's a foot in the right direction. Sounds like you have great kids there & just maybe they require more of your time than hunting does at this time.

I think there's times we all have to stop take a deep breath & let it out. Pull out our hearts & examine it to see why we feel the way we do. Only we ourselves can answer that question, but we must be honest with ourselves. By doing this we may be able to make a rational decision for improvement in our way of thinking & heading in the right direction to once again have a positive outlook on the things important to us no matter what that might be.
Remember, we're always here!!! (grin)

ElkNut1