HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - keeping warm
Thread: keeping warm
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:51 PM
dkbs
Fork Horn

Default RE: keeping warm

I wearon the top only the outer shell of a nylon winter jacket to and from my stand. I have the front unzipped, so I stay chilled on route and don't sweat.On the bottomI wear two long john bottoms and my outer trousers from the house. At the base of my tree after Ihave my climber hooked up and ready,I take the nylon jacket off and dress in all my pullover long john tops,I usually have three(one has pockets sewn over the kidney area to hold air activated hand warmers for when its really cold). IThen I put on my safety harness vest and put the nylon jacket back in my duffel. Then once in the tree, settled at my position I put out my bow holder, take off my fanny pack etc and then pull up my bow and the duffel. I hang up my bow and then put on the nylon jacket (to break wind) and then another inner lightjacket and then the outer jacket.Then once everything is setand just before I start to feel chilled I put on my hat. When I'm done hunting I do everything in reverse. This system works for me.
In my boots I have insoles that have pockets for toe warmers and I set them up before I leave the house.

Happy Hunting
Dan