HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois non-resident archery question
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 10:04 AM
gzg38b
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois non-resident archery question

I went to Illinois Oct 25-30. (Golden Triangle - Adams county). There were 5 of us hunting for one week. I got a buck (avatar) but that was the only shooter I saw all week. I saw a few small bucks but not many. My dad didn't see a buck all week. My cousin saw a few small ones but no shooters. There were monster bucks on this property on video during the summer some bigger than 170".

The weather didn't cooperate much, and we were early for the rut so maybe that hurt us. Just keep in mind there are no guarantees. It's alot of money to spend. Think of it like this - you are paying for the POTENTIAL opportunity at a shot at a big one. There are definitely no guarantees.

I know people who have paid 4,000 to go to big Outfitters in Pike county and came home empty handed. It's still hunting. But at least you know there are big ones in the area. At home, I know the biggest thing I'll see is probably a 2.5 year old 8 point. That's the difference. You pay the moneyto know thata big one is POSSIBLE.

Withall that said, we are goingback in two years - during the RUT! The prices for licenses were something like 400 bucks all together.