HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ny deer movement?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 08:07 AM
GR8RALLY

Default RE: ny deer movement?

ABarofSoap, I live on LI as well, only hunted there once at the Rocky Point location last year and there was why too much pressure for me and what I'm use to with my own property in upstate NY. The news from what I hear has been good for private property harvest out on the East End of LI on farm lands, a 12 pointer was taken in West Hampton on a 10 acre lot last week, from what was being said at the local gun shop. My neighbor works at Brookhaven Labs and said a week or two ago, DEC came in and killed 100 deer due to over population within the Labs boarder. He stated nice 8-10 pointers where killed, as well as many does. What A shame, they could have let local hunters in to do the work for them.

In upsate NY where my camp is, I planted 3 food plots for the first time in the fall, totalling 4 acres and I have not seen soooo many deer since I've own the place in the last four years. Did not harvest any deer this bow season, that was due to my choice though, not lack of opportunity. Going up Nov. 17 and will be there for two weeks, friends and family with kids will be coming up spread out through the two week period,so everyone will have a chance to harvest or participate in a hunt.

As for the Weather, it's been pretty good at my land, but here on the Island has been very warm. Good luck to you and hope you bag more than one this year!!!