HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Deer 1 Rocky 0

Man what a difference when you find where the does are, had a doe come in to the rattle 1st thing this am at 7:20,then another showed up at 8 but they wouldn't come close cause of my scent I had hanging in the scrape .I had estrus on a rag over the scape and I know does that arn't in estrus will stay clear of the scrape.
At 8:05 the 1st buck of6 came into the scrape and did his thing,about a 130 4x4,and watched him scent the does and take off,8:30 a better 140 5x4 came in and I was going to shoot him but said no. Wife is ticked too[:@][:@]. Then nothing till 10,in came 3 imature bucks with the best being a 3x2 and they followed the same procedure as the other 2 bucks ,scenting the does and off on there way.
Then just about as I was going to call it quits for the morning at 11,I rattled once more for good times, right away I heard the crunch of the snow and I grabbed my bow and he was right their right now,broadside at 14 yards in front of the scrape.He did everything he was suposed to do and now it was my turn. He turned to lick the branch and I drew on que,I held for about 15 seconds till he gave me the broadside shot& I let fly the montec. A majestic 6x6 perfect symetry,a good 170ish buck.To my total disbelief ,I shot 3 inches over him[:'(].He bolted 20 yards and wondered what the heck had just happened. The good Lord gave him another day, and I need to go to the lanes to shoot and see what went wrong[]. I haven't shot in over 2 weeks and might have jarred my sights,oh well chalk that up to the deer.
So to my surmise I can say the deer are looking but the does arn't quite ready yet. If you can, get on stand and wait them out guys.I'm done till Monday ,then I'm sittin for 12 straight days from sunup till sundown[8D]. Good luck and shoot straight. God Bless
Rocky
PS Buell, now I know what you mean when you said you just blew $30 bucks on the arrow,mine broke after trying to get it out of the frozen ground[:'(].