HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Blown Opportunity----Release Loop????
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
fetzeriiif

Default Blown Opportunity----Release Loop????

Last night I tried hunting in a new spot. Since I did not have much time to hunt and did not have a tree stand up, I just stood up against a tree. As it was getting dark I had anice buck (120 class)come in and was standing within five yards of me. It stood there right in myshooting lanefor almost a minute before leaving. I spent the whole time trying to get my release to click on the release loop. I finaly got it on after the deer had left. The more I think about it, I should have just shot with my fiingers or clipped the release onto the string and shot. Even though that wouldn't work for a longer shot it should have been fine for less than five yards. I think next year I am going to switch back to shooting without the aid of the loop. It makes me more accurate, but it always causes me difficulty in those times when I can least afford it. I don't think that the somewhat tighter groups are worth it. What do you guys think? Have any of you had similar problems?