HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lock B. S.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
RTA47
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

8 doe's your an animal, it makes a difference on the age of a deer. Why do you think 95% bucks shot in MI are 1.5 or younger? They are curious, and have not learned the dangers yet.
taking 8 doe`s a season really isn`t that hard when your season runs fromsept-9tojan-31and the area i hunt is so coverd up with does you wouldn`t believe. I hunted last friday morning and within the first 1 1/2 hr i counted 9 does that i could have taken anyone of them as a matter of fact i did take the last oneshe was nice for this area about 110 lbs before dressed.I don`t know how oldshe was my guess 2 1/2 to 3 1/2
Why do you think 95% bucks shot in MI are 1.5 or younger? They are curious, and have not learned the dangers yet.
Thedeer being courious and not learning the dangers at 1 1/2 (imo) is hardly the reason. Could it not be that maby 75% of these deer get taken each yr are from huntersthat simple could care less about trophy hunting sence maby there hard working family people that work jobs 5 days maby 6 days a week and just don`t have the time to put into it? So they take 1 1/2 yr deer put meat in the freezerinstead of holding out for a monster and end up eating tag soup?
Just look at us, I am smarter then I was ten years ago, I think.

Same here but i would hope everyone is
My point just because a person climbs a stand and kills a 1.5 year old buck does not make him the all knowing hunter. Yes some tatics will work on the 1.5 year olds, but those same tatics will cost a person a mature deer.

Nore does a hunter that picks up bow bunders off down through the woods pops a 170 and calls himself allknowing al trophy hunter. I am not sure i understand i have only been strickly bowhunting 24 yrs now.I am not claiming to be an expert myself not at all.Just here enjoyreading andenjoy the storys share what little experence i have and hopefully learn a trick or twofrom others so please please explain?
I only hunt a stand setup for the wind. I use everythingI can to help with scent. I also believe walking to and from your stand is key to shooting a mature buck. You have to be able to get in and out without spooking deer
Agree!
When all a person shoots is 1.5 year olds and comes on here and spreads his tatics a full proof, I just laugh.
Keep laughing but your only fooling yourself!
Some of the best hunter out there are not so called trophy hunters. They are well seasoned hunters that knows what it takes to harvestmature game each yr in places thats not known for having big mature gameand not just trophy bucks.