HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lock B. S.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

I think the point you're missing is that nobody ever said you NEED to use Scent-Lok to kill big deer, or any deer for that matter. There's plenty of guys out there who kill monsters year in and year out and have never touched a piece of Scent-Lok clothing. Good for them.

We're all hunters and we've all had the same experiences in the field. I've been without Scent-Lok clothing for years and had many an encounter with deer down wind of me that never spooked. I've also had deer that did smell me and spooked. These are deer that I've seen with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears. We all know when a deer catches our wind and bolts, let's not act like we don't. And again, in my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE thus far this year I have yet to witness that sort of behavior out of any deer that has been down wind of me.

Scent-Lok isn't the end-all global solution to scent control. It won't make a monster buck walk under your stand and wait until you poke an arrow into him. It won't make a bad hunter into a good hunter. It won't help a buck grow a monster rack. It won't help your heavily-pressured public land all of a sudden be chalk full of monster deer. But it will aid you in containing your scent and help you avoid detection. That's all it's meant to do, and that's exactly what it does.