HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guy tried climbing in my stand
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Sphinx

Default RE: Guy tried climbing in my stand

If I were you I'd be moving that stand(assuming it's a portable stand) because that guy is likely to come back when your not, and I wouldn't surprised if it were gone the next time your out to hunt that stand. Three years ago a similar thing happen't to me. I was hunting on my grandfathers property one evening and this dude walked up to my stand and asked me why I was in his buddy's stand. I replied to him that it was my stand and pointed out my name engraved on the bottom of the platform. He then told me his buddy had pointed him in the direction of the stand, so I asked who his buddy was and he told me that was none of my business. So doing the smart thing and trying not to piss him off since his supposed buddy already appeared be have done that I told him of a good spot to set up on the ground and to just go ahead and enjoy the evening hunt. He thanked me for not being to upset with him, and politely moved on towards the area I had directed him to. When I got down out of my stand that evening I caugt up with guy along with my dad and we informed him that his buddy didn't actually have permission on the property since only family had permission. It's been that way for years and it's still that way. He apologized for the whole thing, and moments later a truck pulled up and he left. Everything seemed ok, but the next morning I went out for a morning hunt and my stand was gone. Apparently he had left and came back with some bolt cutter because I always chain and lock my stands in. The guy never showed up or was heard from again, untill last year when my uncle and his two boys found the guy setting a stand up in the woods again. Unfortunately it wasn't the one that got stolen, but he was arrested for trespassing none the less. Anyhow I would suggest moving that stand for a while.