HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dove Hunting Ban Passed in Michigan
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 AM
badshotbob
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dove Hunting Ban Failed in Michigan

In 2004 the ban was temporarily lifted - I thought at that time it was a good start for hunters protecting their rights. I was wrong.

Sec. 40110a. (1) The legislature hereby authorizes the establishment of the first open season for mourning doves. The commission may issue orders pertaining to mourning doves for each of the purposes listed in section 40113a, including, but not limited to, orders establishing the first open season for mourning doves.

(2) A person shall not hunt mourning doves unless, in addition to the small game license required by section 43523, the person has a current mourning dove stamp. The format of the mourning dove stamp shall be prescribed by the department. The fee for a mourning dove stamp is $2.00.

MI is third in the nation for licensed hunters, some 750,000 strong dumping $1.3 billion into our economy every year - however we couldn't pull it together to vote this through. Sad day for MI all the way around.

I saw a map that indicated the entire U.P. was pro-Granholm. I don't understand.