HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how is this "hunting"
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
JeremiahJohnson

Default RE: how is this "hunting"

Hillbilly - You're almost there dude! Here's the rub - if no one hunts behind high fences, then the whole operation has a HUGE capital flow problem. Without hunting, there's no funding, therefore no high fence, therefore the animals go away. Do you think do-gooders like PETA and the Humane Society are going to save species? No way - it's always hunting dollars that work. Hunters have the power to say which species stay and which species go because when it really comes down to it hunters are the ones that really care by putting their dollars where their mouths and "feelings" are.

I can't tell you how many species in Africa have been saved due to hunting.

Capitalism WORKS!

That's how our state DNR's function - indigenous animals are hunted, people pay for the privilege and the species is continued and managed. Ever hear of Pittman-Robertson?

When a species is in trouble of becoming extinct, how do we save it? Put the remaining species survivors in zoos? Wrong - never worked and never will. Decide to hunt and eat them and pay for the privilege - BINGO! That works.

It's worked in Africa. It's worked in New Zealand. It's worked (and is working) right here in the good old U.S.A. We get to hunt exotics and the exotics get to remain on the planet. It's what they call in "the biz" a "win-win".

Now, to the not-endangered species. I don't hunt indigenous species behind fence either because there's no need for me to pay extra money for bigger trophies - I don't care about that sort of thing. However, if I owned enough land and could afford to put a fence around it to keep poachers and trespassers off and protect my food plots, you better believe I'd do it. Would I hunt it? If there was enough to make it challenging you better believe I would.